Diploma in Indian Head Massage, a three day FHT accredited diploma for qualified therapists in another bodywork or those with previous experience will be considered, please ask. (20 CPD points).
This three day FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists) accredited post graduate diploma is open to all complementary, beauty and sports therapists qualified in a recognised therapy which includes modules in anatomy and physiology. Prior learning and experience can also be considered. This Diploma is accredited by FHT for 20 CPD points. It is recognised by the Association of Indian Head Massage (AIHM) as a course of high standard that meets the requirements for membership.
I work closely with Mary Atkinson, whose course I offer in Cornwall and Manchester. We recently gave a joint presentation at the annual CPD conference of the Association of Indian Head Massage (AIHM) in London.
Options for taking this course:
Three day course in Wadebridge, Cornwall:
- 22, 23, 24 November 2019
- Cost: £300
- Location: Wadebridge, North Cornwall
- Maximum number of students is 6
One-to-one training session to gain individual attention:
- Depending on prior learning, this may be achieved in two days. Cost of course taken on enquiry
- Venue and dates organised to suit individuals.
Group training sessions:
- The course can be delivered to suit a group of therapists if you can organise the venue and we can sort out dates. Cost of this option for the course on enquiry
To find out more information, book your place or discuss options please contact me.
Hand and Foot Course
This Hand and Foot Massage day course is suitable for everyone, no experience necessary. It is also useful for massage therapists and reflexologists wishing to enhance their skills. The course is accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists for 5 CPD points. Why not come along with a friend or family member? You could also give the day as a creative gift to special friend.
Course Date: Sunday 25th October
Cost: £90 including all materials
Venue: Wadebridge area, North Cornwall
- The course can also be delivered to suit a group of therapists/beginners if you can organise the venue and at least six therapists. Costs to be discussed.
- The day can be run as one-to-one training to suit your individual requirements.
- Benefits of hand massage and foot massage.
- Contraindications – those situations when it is not advised to give a hand massage or foot massage.
- Main reflexology and acupressure points on the hands for common ailments.
- Creams and oils for massage.
- Ways in which hand massage and foot massage can be adapted for children and elderly.
- Ensuring safety and hygiene.
- Your posture when giving a hand massage or foot massage.
Participants share a safe and simple massage sequence for hands and feet. It is a fun and relaxing day with plenty of opportunity for enjoying the benefits of hand and foot massage.
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring two small towels.
Qualified therapists will receive a CPD certificate and non-therapists will receive a certificate of attendance.
I offer a number of holistic therapy courses developed by Mary Atkinson which are all FHT accredited and also a couple of other workshops for which a certificate of attendance is given. These courses and workshops are open to anyone with either an interest in Complementary Therapies or established practitioners. Classes are kept small in able to deliver optimum learning in a supportive and informal atmosphere. The courses can also be tailored for small groups of beginners or qualified therapists.