Diploma in Indian Head Massage, a three day FHT accredited diploma for qualified therapists in another bodywork or those with previous experience will be considered, please ask. (20 CPD points).
This three day FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists) accredited post graduate diploma is open to all complementary, beauty and sports therapists qualified in a recognised therapy which includes modules in anatomy and physiology. Prior learning and experience can also be considered. This Diploma is accredited by FHT for 20 CPD points. It is recognised by the Association of Indian Head Massage (AIHM) as a course of high standard that meets the requirements for membership.
I work closely with Mary Atkinson, whose course I offer in Cornwall and Manchester. We recently gave a joint presentation at the annual CPD conference of the Association of Indian Head Massage (AIHM) in London.
Options for taking this course:
Three day course in Botelet, Cornwall:
- 15, 16 and 22 July 2019
- Cost: £320
- Location: Botelet, nrLiskeard
- Maximum number of students is 6
One-to-one training session to gain individual attention:
- Depending on prior learning, this may be achieved in two days. Cost of course taken as a one-to-one training is £500 – SPECIAL OFFER OF £475
- Venue and dates organised to suit individuals.
Group training sessions:
- The course can be delivered to suit a group of therapists if you can organise the venue and we can sort out dates. Cost of this option for the course organiser is £500 per day’s training for one tutor.
To find out more information, book your place or discuss options please contact me.
Some of the above courses are also available through Mary Atkinson in Chichester.
Hand and Foot Course
This Hand and Foot Massage day course is suitable for everyone, no experience necessary. It is also useful for massage therapists and reflexologists wishing to enhance their skills. The course is accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists for 5 CPD points. Why not come along with a friend or family member? You could also give the day as a creative gift to special friend.
Course Date: Sunday 4th August
Venue: Wadebridge area, North Cornwall
- The course can also be delivered to suit a group of therapists/beginners if you can organise the venue and at least six therapists. Costs to be discussed.
- The day can be run as one-to-one training to suit your individual requirements.
- Benefits of hand massage and foot massage.
- Contraindications – those situations when it is not advised to give a hand massage or foot massage.
- Main reflexology and acupressure points on the hands for common ailments.
- Creams and oils for massage.
- Ways in which hand massage and foot massage can be adapted for children and elderly.
- Ensuring safety and hygiene.
- Your posture when giving a hand massage or foot massage.
Participants share a safe and simple massage sequence for hands and feet. It is a fun and relaxing day with plenty of opportunity for enjoying the benefits of hand and foot massage.
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and bring two small towels.
Qualified therapists will receive a CPD certificate and non-therapists will receive a certificate of attendance.
I offer a number of holistic therapy courses developed by Mary Atkinson which are all FHT accredited and also a couple of other workshops for which a certificate of attendance is given. These courses and workshops are open to anyone with either an interest in Complementary Therapies or established practitioners. Classes are kept small in able to deliver optimum learning in a supportive and informal atmosphere. The courses can also be tailored for small groups of beginners or qualified therapists.
NEW WORKSHOP - ESSENTIAL OIL DAY - £70
Learn more about the wonderful healing properties of nature’s healers on this one day workshop held near Wadebridge. We will look at working with essential oils for home use, with chakras, in meditation and to help support the person in times of stress and change. We will also make different mediums such as creams and aromasticks (great for Xmas presents!). An informal and informative day you will also learn ways of applying the oils through practical work.
Course Date: TBA
Cost: £70 including materials.
Venue: Wadebridge area, North Cornwall
If you are interested, please get in touch on 07834359902.
Hand and Foot Massage – 1 day - £90
Empty section. Edit page to add content here.
Diploma in Indian Head Massage – 3 days - £320 - 15, 16 and 22 July 2019 at Botelet, near Liskeard
- The course is valued by students as the classes are small and the atmosphere is very friendly and supportive. Bridget brings her many years of teaching and practicing Indian Head Massage in a variety of settings.
- During the three days we cover all the essential practical and theoretical knowledge necessary to offer a safe, effective and appropriate treatment to a wide range of clients. It is an invaluable addition to any therapies currently practised and an excellent treatment to take into the workplace.
- The course teaches the European Approach to Indian Head Massage whilst offering learners an insight into the history and traditional techniques still practised in India today.
- During the courses, great emphasis is placed on self-care of the therapist and offer a supportive and friendly learning environment making each day fun as well as productive.
“I’ve had the most amazing three days with brilliant teaching and passion for the subject of Indian Head Massage. I have learned so much and have enjoyed every minute. Looking forward to doing my case studies and developing my routine and skills further.”
Topics covered include:
- The history of Indian Head Massage,
- Benefits and Contra-indications
- Hygiene and Safety
- Indian Head Massage techniques
- Oils for Indian Head Massage
- Stress Management
- After-care advice
- Self-Care for Therapist
- Documentation including consultation forms and treatment records
Assessment is by written evidence of 10 treatments plus a practical demonstration of techniques and a written multiple choice paper.
Classes are kept to small numbers to ensure friendly and informative learning which is ideal for the more mature student or for those lacking the confidence to learn in a large group. There is on-going support following the course.
“The course is inspiring….we packed so much into three days. I came away with confidence and enthusiasm. Highly recommended.”
Terms and Conditions
- Your place on the course will only be confirmed once your deposit is paid
- Full course fees are due 14 days before the start of the course.
- Fees are refundable up to 7 days prior to the course date. However, an admin fee of £20 will be charged. You may send a substitute delegate providing they meet the course criteria.
- In the unlikely event of having to cancel the course due to low numbers or other unavoidable circumstances, we will notify you 7 days prior to the date, and advise you of an alternative date/venue or provide you with a full refund. We do not accept responsibility for expenses incurred under these circumstanc
Indian Head Massage Refresher and Update Day - £75
Indian Head Massage is a simple yet effective therapy. However, there are many different techniques to learn and is always useful to refresh your knowledge and enjoy a choice of moves with further Indian Head Massage training.
This FHT approved Indian Head Massage course (5 CPD points) is open to all qualified Indian Head Massage therapists wishing to boost their confidence, refresh their skills in a supportive atmosphere and learn new and different techniques with and without oils.
The training day is also suitable for those wishing to update their qualification for insurance purposes.
Course Date: Please contact Bridget for dates
Venue: Wadebridge area, North Cornwall
- The course can be delivered to suit a group of therapists/beginners if you can organise the venue and at least six therapists. Costs to be discussed.
- This course is available as a one-to-one course with a date to suit you. Venue Wadebridge. Other venues can be discussed.
- Update on the benefits and contraindications of Indian Head Massage
- Revision on the history of Indian Head Massage
- Discussion of the use of oils for Indian Head Massage
- Looking at different techniques and moves
- Time to practise techniques with and without oils (and enjoy a massage yourself!)
- Opportunity for questions and discussion to build confidence and explore new skills.
Introduction to Indian Head Massage - 1 Day - £90
Indian Head is a great therapy to learn to use on yourself or on friends and family. This one day workshop explores the many benefits and effects of this ancient therapy and students learn different techniques.
An informal and fun day with a chance to share a relaxing massage with others. Open to beginners and therapists.
Venue: North Cornwall
Price: £60 or £99 for 2 people booking together
Adapting Therapies for the Elderly – 1 day - £ 85